A comprehensive guide of Cross-Platform App Development
Mobile applications have become an essential aspect of our daily lives. Even it has become an important need of every business. Hence, mobile apps have opened various doors for the businessmen to promote their services at the global or international level.
Android and iPhone applications are marking their presence in all the sectors which include the business, game, etc. It seems that without applications the world would stop for the people. There are multiple companies offering app development services.
As per the reports - In the year 2015, the global mobile app revenue has been generated to 69.7 billion US Dollars.
To get higher revenue and benefit from the app, you have to launch your app on the Android and iPhone both platforms. But don’t you think the process of mobile application development is time-consuming for the developers.
To develop the mobile application for the different platforms is a time-consuming process for mobile application developers. To save time and cost is really essential, and to save the time of the different process, it gave rise to the cross-platform mobile application development.
Now, you might be wondering about cross-platform app development. In this blog, we will provide you the complete guide for the cross-app development process.
What is Cross-Platform App Development?
- The cross-platform mobile app development is the process to develop the mobile app for multiple platforms by using a single code.
- It helps to save time and also reduces the cost.
- With the one single code android and iOS development process can be completed.
Cross-platform app development service has been in huge demand for years. There are positive and negative both factors of cross-platform app development.
Advantages of Cross-Platform App Development
Faster App Development: Cross-platform app is a faster app development process. It doesn’t take more time, it takes less time in the development process as only with one code the Android and iOS app development process can be held.
Easy Integration: The tools can be easily integrated into the app, it is not that much difficult.
Advanced Plugins: Cross-platform app development process integrates the advanced and smarter plugins for the app, which helps to bring the advanced mobile application.
Fewer Efforts: Developers have to put fewer efforts to the app development process as one code will work in multiple operations. So, in this case, app development developers have to create only one code, which will be integrated into multiple platforms.
Disadvantages of Cross-Platform App Development
Limited Tools: Software development company has limited tools options, developers can utilize limited tools for the development process.
Low Performance: The mobile applications which use to develop with the cross-platform app development tools have low performance. The performance is not up to the mark of mobile applications.
Unimpressive UX: Mobile application designing part is not that much appealing, it doesn’t have an eye catchy and attractive design.
After putting the glimpse, on the cross-platform app development and briefing you about the advantages and disadvantages. Now, we will be briefing you about the further development process which includes languages.
Languages used in the Cross-Platform App Development Process
In the app development process, language plays an essential part. Hence, cross-platform app development is developed with a single code, but it requires multiple programming languages in the development process.
Let’s have a view on the different programming language.
1) Java: The Java language is based on the core language Android, Hence, this programming language is based on the class-based, object-oriented, and concurrent features. This language has been designed to implement a few dependencies.
2) C++: It is a general programming language and it is not an advanced as Java, It is based on imperative, object-oriented, and generic programming language.
4) C#: It is equivalent to the objective C programming language. The C# programming language is based on the object and component-oriented features. In the present time, the C# programming language has turned as a popular choice for the cross-platform app developers.
5) Ruby: The Ruby language is a mobile-specific programming language. In the year 1990, in Japan, this language has been developed.
Tools used in Cross-Platform App Development
After deciding the programming language. Now it’s time to know about the tools which will be utilized in the cross-platform app development.
1)Unity: The unity tool is the most popular app development tool. It has a wide range of features as well as it offers you the various learning opportunities. It is a boon to the gaming industry as cross-platform app development, supports 2D and 3D games with animation.
2) Native Script: It is an open source framework, supports native mobile app development. With native UIs and libraries, developers are able to develop mobile apps easily for the Apple iOS and Android platforms.
3) Xamarin: This tool is Microsoft-owned cross-platform app development. It supports native user-friendly control. Xamarin focuses on the functional aspect of the mobile app.
It supports multiple features which include Android Multi-window and AR Kit.
4) Apache Cordova: The Apache Cordova supports the cross-platform app development tool. This tool runs on Node.Js and is accessible on NPM. This framework offers various features which include reuse of codes on multiple platforms. The Apache Cordova tool supports offline mode, which is available for the native device API etc.
Sencha Product Tool List Includes:
1) EXT JS
2) EXT React
4) Sencha Test
These tools help mobile app developers to bring a powerful and robust mobile application. It is easily maintainable.
6) Appcelerator: The Appcelerator is an open source based tool and allows native app development. It is based on the single code base feature.
7) Kony App Development: It helps the faster design and development process. The Kony app development reduces the hassle in the development process. It offers the best user experience to the customers with enriched features.
8) RhoMobile Suite: The main feature of this tool is, it is based on automatic data encryption. RhoMobile Suite is based on the open source framework. Developers can test mobile applications without hardware and emulators. It offers automatic testing, which is genuine and saves time.
Editors and IDES for Cross-Platform App Development
To gain more features here are some editors and IDES:
1) IntelliJ: The IntelliJ IDEs turns the development process into an interesting process. It has been designed in such a way that developers have to put fewer efforts. In every context, it offers the best suggestions.
Features that help Developers:
1) Smart coding
2) Code Analysation
3) Enable to restore tools
2) Visual Studio: The Visual Studio tool is an outcome of the top reputed company Microsoft.
The Visual Studio helps to develop
It supports managed and supportive both codes.
3) QT: It turns the process of designing, development and to maintain in an easier form. It delivers a seamless experience to the users. The app based on the QT platform has the features:
3) High Performance
4) Attractive UI
4) Cocos2D: It is based on open source characteristic and helps to develop multiple cross-platform app development for the gaming sector. .
- The cocos 2D tool is more preferable for the iOS platform development.
5) AppsMoment: The AppsMoment app is based on the less coding feature.It is a perfect platform to develop the app for any platform - iPhone, iPad, Android, and Kindle.
Developers are enabled to develop the app and launch it on the respective platforms at free of cost.
6) Ruby Motion: It is a compiled version of the Ruby programming language. It helps developers to develop native mobile applications for the platforms - Android, iOS, and OS X. It allows customized development as per the developer requirement.
7) Ionic: The ionic platform is based on the open source tool. It supports cloud platform and helps to develop the app faster. The app development has various features at an affordable cost.
Cross-platform app development is the latest trend of app development as it helps to save time and cost. The topmost app development company is also opting for cross-platform app development.
Hence, it has turned as the best choice of the developers, so we decided to bring the comprehensive guide of Cross-Platform app development that will help mobile app developers to know more about the cross-platform app development process. This blog will surely enhance the development process in-depth.
Nitin Garg is the CEO and co-founder of BR Softech - web and app development company. Likes to share his opinions on IT industry via blogs. His interest is to write on the latest and advanced IT technologies which include IoT, VR & AR app development, web, and app development services. Along with this, he also offers consultancy services for RPA.