Interview with Sudev P Narayan – CEO, Web Destiny Solutions
1. Please introduce your company and give a brief about your role within the company.
Web Destiny is a full-service web development Agency based in Cochin, India. The Company was started in 2010 with a mission to create modern web & mobile applications that create value for the customers as well as their users. Since its inception, the Company has completed over 250+ projects and worked with Clients in 27 Countries across the Globe. Web Destiny team is obsessed with Creativity, Innovation, Quality, Affordability & Usability. We take the effort to understand what exactly a client requires and provide them with the most efficient approach to solve their problems. We believe in long-term relationships and good-will with all our partners and associates.
My Role in the Company is overall operations mainly the expansion of Business globally.
2. What was the idea behind starting this organization?
It's a Hobby that turned into Business. Always been passionate about the Internet and websites. The company was started in 2010.
3. What are the services you offer to your clients?
- Mobile App Development
- Ecommerce Web Development
- SEO & Digital Marketing
4. What is your company’s business model–in house team or third party vendors / outsourcing?
It is Completely in-house
5. After service is a necessary part of development. How do you provide customer support to your client?
Yes, we have an annual contract with the Client for Support and Maintenance. Mostly the support is through Email and Call.
6. Give your opinions on how far this app revolution can make a difference in the technology world?
App has become so flexible and cross-platform because of the ever-evolving web technologies. The one who has immensely benefited are the end customers. The ease of availability of services, products, and information at their fingertips and resulted in this App Revolution as we know it. From the developers' perspective, it has become ever challenging to fulfill the needs of the end customers.
7. Define your future prospective and vision regarding new technologies like wearable and IoT apps?
It was already predicted a few decades ago by technology giant Apple Inc. that wearables were the next big thing. Most of us today use wearables and IoT in one way or the other. It has become an inseparable part of our lives. Companies are investing a huge amount of money in such technologies to make them affordable to all.
8. What are the key factors that you consider before deciding the cost of a mobile application?
The most important thing is the complexity of the project requirements. If its a general app then the price comes down merely to developers man-hours. But if its a project that requires more research and experience is required which will increase the cost. Other general factors would be the platform targeted such as Andriod, iOS, windows, etc. Hybrid App Development can drastically reduce the cost of App Development.
9. What are the challenges you see in the outsourcing industry and how much you’re prepared to face those challenges?
Most of Indian Companies depend on outsourced projects. India is a huge market for App development. The best way to face the challenges is to have a quality team that can finish the project from stage 0 to the end. It is not possible to deliver an Enterprise-level app without a proper dedicated team. In the end, the company that has mastered the balance of cost and quality wins.
10. What latest technologies and tools you’re planning to implement for mobile app development?
We are now mainly focused on Hybrid Mobiel App Development. The main technologies we focus on are Ionic, Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap, Cordova, etc